Learn more about how to protect yourself from a fire and the benefits of a fire sprinkler system. https://youtu.be/ixSBFcWCwpUhttps://youtu.be/ixSBFcWCwpU
- Half of home fire deaths result from fires reported between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m. when most people are asleep. Only one in five home fires were reported during these hours.
- One quarter of home fire deaths were caused by fires that started in the bedroom. Another quarter resulted from fires in the living room, family room or den.
- Three out of five home fire deaths happen from fires in homes with no smoke alarms or no working smoke alarms.
- Cooking equipment is the leading cause of home fire injuries, followed by heating equipment.
- Smoking materials are the leading cause of home fire deaths.
Learn more by visiting the Fire Sprinkler Initiative website (a project of the National Fire Protection Association) at http://www.firesprinklerinitiative.org.